Tarragon Tuna Melt
From Alexandra‘s Kitchen
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
juice of half a large lemon (about 1½ tablespoons)
freshly ground black pepper
1 6-ounce can American Tuna
¼ cup finely diced red onion
¼ cup chopped tarragon
1 loaf of bread, bakery-style French or Italian
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1 small bunch arugula
grated cheddar cheese
1. Make the dressing: Whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Dressing will be thin. Taste, adjusting seasoning as necessary.
2. Place tuna in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion and tarragon. Pour dressing over top and combine mixture gently with a fork. Set aside.
3. Slice bread into eight rounds. Spread one side of each with the softened butter. Turn bread butter-side down. Begin assembling sandwiches: Place a small handful of arugula on four of the rounds. Top each with a mound of the tuna salad. Top tuna with tomato slices. Top tomato with cheese. Cover with bread.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. When hot, add a small dab of butter, then place sandwiches on the cooking surface. Cook until golden brown. Carefully flip each one, and cook on other side until golden brown.
5. Remove from heat, cut in half, and serve.
American Tuna Pinwheels
Whipped Cream Cheese
*No Salt added American Tuna (we'll provide)
Combine 1 tub of whipped cream cheese with your diced tomatoes. Add in 2 cans of American Tuna. Take your flour tortillas and top with romaine lettuce leaves, then add the cream cheese mixture. Roll tortilla and slice. Enjoy your American Tuna pinwheels.
American Tuna with Ravioli
Italian style canned tomatoes
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
*No Salt added American tuna (we'll provide)
Cook ravioli's according to packaging. In a sauce pan over medium heat, coat bottom of pan with olive oil. Put minced garlic in pan and saute until almost brown. Add fresh basil and dried oregano and cook down. Add cans of diced tomatoes (drained) and 2 cans of American Tuna. Cook just until warmed. Top ravioli's with tuna mixture and serve with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
Albacore con Pico de Gallo
Whole Foods fresh prepared Pico de gallo
Canned black beans
*Jalapeno American tuna (we'll provide)
Mix Whole Foods prepared pico de gallo with 1 can of black beans (rinsed) and 1 can of corn (drained). Mix in 1-2 cans of Jalapeno American Tuna. Dice up your avocados and mix into dish. Top with the juice from 2-3 fresh lemons. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
New Holiday Recipe: Holiday Albacore Roll-Ups
4oz Cream Cheese (from 8-oz pkg.), softened
1 Can of American Tuna (not-drained)
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
2 to 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Sliced
Jalapeño Chiles (from 12oz jar)
2 tablespoons Finely Chopped Green Onions (2 medium)
1 (8oz can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1. Heat Oven to 375. In Small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough until well
combined; set aside.
2. Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal. Spread half of cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
3. Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
American Tuna Fish Tacos
1 can American Tuna - any variety, salt, no salt, garlic, jalapeno
1/2 container pico de gallo or any chuncky salsa
Shredded organic mexican cheese
Organic corn tortillas
Heat non-stick grill Mix can of American Tuna with pico de gallo utilizing only the chunky portion of salsa. Dip corn tortilla in water to soften place on grill and heat on both sides place american tuna/pico de gallo in corn tortilla sprinkle shredded cheese over American Tuna Fold corn tortilla and heat until cheese is melted Add guacamole, sour cream, etc. to taco American Tuna fish tacos are healthy, affordable, simple last minute healthy meal, and you only use one cook surface for complete meal....
Here’s a recipe for Tuna Cakes …. (love the other recipes on line) Thanks for the great product!
2 cans tuna 2 egg whites, beaten
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 TBS all-purpose seasoning – ( Old Bay )
A few drops hot sauce, i.e. Tabasco
2 TBS chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 to 4 TBS chopped roasted red pepper
Salt and pepper Optional but delicious –
2 caramelized onions
Combine all ingredients to form 4 patties, 1 inch thick. Add 1 TBS vegetable oil to hot pan. Add patties and cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. If you can’t eat them all they freeze great! Enjoy!
Marietta , GA
Purchased your tuna after tasting it from your demo table at Harry’s Farmers Market in Alpharette. GA
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
1 lb Bow tie or Shell pasta
3 oz. capers
1 small onion
4 cloves of garlic
½ cup Kalmata olives
¼ cup parsley
2 cans of American Tuna Albacore
Finely chop capers, onion, garlic & parsley. Set aside in bowl. Cook pasta until al dente, and drain. Toss in your mixed ingredients, and add kalmata olives and albacore. Top with the juice of 1 lemon and olive oil to taste. Crack fresh ground pepper. Garnish with few sprigs of parsley. EAT HOT OR COLD.
Hot Albacore Pasta
1 lb angel hair pasta. Cook & drain
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 medium tomatoes chopped
2 cans of American Albacore (DO NOT DRAIN)
Set aside Sauté above ingredients in small amount of olive oil and set aside. Use any white Alfredo sauce and add your albacore mixture together. Mix into pasta and serve hot.
Albacore Stuffed Vegetables
2 cans of American Tuna
1 8oz. cream cheese
1 onion finely chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated
Small tomatoes &/or celery
Mix albacore, cream cheese and onion Cut off tops of tomatoes & hollow out. Stuff albacore mixture into tomatoes. Top with Parmesan cheese. For celery, cut into 2in. pieces. Spread mixture into celery and top with Parmesan cheese.
2 cans of American Tuna
1 avocado, ripe and chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 fresh squeezed lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together, and serve on sliced pieces of baguette bread.
2 Cans of American Tuna
1 8oz. soft cream cheese
1 onion finely chopped
Chopped jalapenos or Serrano peppers
1-2tbs. of mayonnaise to taste
1 cucumber sliced
Crackers of your choice
Mix albacore, cream cheese, onions and peppers. Spread on cucumber slices or crackers.
© 2010 American Tuna Contact Us